Working on my backlog of miniatures, I needed a break from the large Stormcast Eternal and Space Marines armies. A friend recently gifted me the G.U.A.R.D starter set from the revised edition of Monsterpocalypse, so it seemed like a nice change of pace.
I went for good tabletop quality, looking to get the models done to that standard quickly. I also wanted to experiment more with Citadel Contrast paints over a metallic base. First I sprayed all the minis with Leadbelcher, then I did a heavy drybrush of P3 Radiant Platinum. Then I added color using contrast Ultramarines Blue and Blood Angels Red. I used standard paints for touchups, then used Nuln Oil as a wash on the bare silver areas. Last, I added the yellow highlights to the chest and knees by painting with white then using a dab of contrast Iyanden Yellow.
Overall, I’m pleased with the look. I was going for speed over detail, and I think given it only took a couple hours, mission accomplished. I may go back at some later time and add in more detail, but that will likely have to wait until I play my first actual game!
Nice work mate!