As a follow up to the Pop Culture League blind box challenge from several weeks ago, Cool & Collected offered up mystery boxes to those of us who participated. For the low price of $20, I jumped at the chance of opening a box full of unknown but surely totally cool stuff. Lo and behold, last weekend, a rather heavy box was dropped off at my front door.
I was totally shocked with how much stuff was packed in the box! It just happened that my nephew, who is 4 years old, was at our house. He joined me, my wife, and our fifteen year old son as we gleefully went through it all. Check the pictures below for the full record, but here are some highlights!
- As a Transformers fan, I was tickled to see Air Raid, a robot who transforms into a black jet. It’s my first vintage Aerialbot, oddly enough. Also: my first Happy Meal transformer, a hamburger! Always wanted to get these.
- My wife is a Snoopy fan, and I love outer space… Astronaut Snoopy is perfect!
- The 45 record of “Buy the World a Coke” makes me want to buy a record player.
- An A-Team stamp? MOSC? Yes please!
- You can never have enough Jawas.
- I now own action figures from Hook and Water World. I never thought I’d be able to say that.
- Even the comics were great choices: Iron Man, Indiana Jones, and NFL SuperPro!
- I need to get a poster up in the game room for all the cool vintage stickers I’ve now amassed…
Major props to Brian at Cool & Collected. We had such a great time opening this stuff!